Vision and Values
Being part of the Oasis family of Academies, the overarching vision of our Academy is to provide 'Exceptional Education at the Heart of the Community'. We want to ensure that all of our young people, whatever their starting points or background, get the education they deserve - and they deserve nothing less than exceptional.
Oasis Academy Brislington is driven by a powerful ethos which aspires to treat everyone inclusively and recognises the importance of a holistic approach to education. As well as continuing to build a strong school and deliver a first-class education, it is also our desire to build an interconnected community, recognising that educational needs to not exist in isolation from the needs of the whole person.
At Oasis Academy Brislington we aim to:
- Create a happy, stimulating, caring learning environment where risk taking and challenge is encouraged
- Awaken and nurture a love of learning that will last a lifetime and provide everyone with the skills to pursue that learning independently and collaboratively
- Enable everyone to reach the highest standard of which they are capable, academically and in other fields such as sport, arts and culture
- Encourage all learners to develop their own interests, passions, enthusiasms, creativity and individuality
- Help learners to understand and care about the world in which they live, and to believe in their ability and responsibility to change that world to make it better
- Empower learners to develop a strong sense of right and wrong, good and bad, equality and justice. Give them the inner strength to act according to these values
- Provide learners with the skills and understanding to live a healthy, successful life, physically, emotionally and spiritually
- Foster respect, tolerance and love for others, regardless of race, gender, religion or difference, within a framework of equality of opportunity and fairness
- Help learners to appreciate human achievements and aspirations and to believe in their own potential to attain great things
- Promote a feeling of pride and confidence in learners’ identities; as individuals, as members of our academy, as part of the local community and as citizens of the world