We take pride in each and every one of our pupils at the Academy, and know that they are equally proud to be wearing their Academy badge on their uniforms.
Academy uniform can be purchased either online or directly from our uniform supplier; Famous School Branches.
***UPDATE March 21 - please note that Famous School Branches are soon to rebrand to Monkhouse Schoolwear specialists - see information here. This will not affect the purchase of any items of school uniform ***
Famous School Branches, 140 East Street, Bedminster, Bristol, BS3 4EW
Tel: 0117 966 1432
(Shop can be found next to Wilkinsons hardware store)
Opening Hours: Monday to Saturday from 9am to 5pm. Closed on Bank Holidays and Wednesdays
The website for all online orders is store.famousbranches.com. (Please note that this website is totally independent to the Academy website). To order, click on FIND YOUR SCHOOL and then the Oasis Brislington logo. This will take you straight to the uniform page where you can make your selection. At Checkout stage you will have the following delivery options:
- Delivery to your home address: £4.95
- Free "CLICK AND COLLECT"
- Blazers are to be worn around the Academy at all times, except during PE/Dance lessons and when sitting down to eat lunch or break
Trousers and Skirts
- Black, standard length trousers
- No skinny fit, leggings or denim trousers are permitted
- Black skirts of an acceptable length (no shorter that 2” above the knee). Tube (Lycra) skirts are not permitted.
- White short or long-sleeved, button-up shirt with a structured collar.
- Ties must be worn at all times and should be knotted with the 3 stripes visible.
- Plain black leather/faux leather shoes with a black sole. Examples of permitted shoes are:
No trainers, sports shoes,canvas shoes, Vans, Ugg boots or heels. No logos/brands such as (but not limited to) Vans, Converse, Kickers, Nike, Adidas, Uggs, Fila, Armani, Fred Perry, Puma, Reebok, Lacoste)
Jewellery and personal appearance
- Hairbands and clips (no wider than 2cm)
- Natural hair colouring only, with no extreme hairstyles
- 1 small stud earring in each ear and a watch only
- Make-up should be minimal and natural in appearance
- Religious head dress in plain black or white only
- No facial piercings are allowed.
It is an expectation of the Academy that students are equipped with the following items at all times:
- 3 Pens (2 black & 1 green)
- 1 Pencil
- 1 Ruler
- 1 Eraser
- Scientific Calculator
- Planner (provided by the Academy)
- Homework Folder (provided by the Academy)
Students are also expected to have a school bag which is big enough to hold their school books.
(PLEASE NOTE THAT PE KIT IS COMPULSORY FOR ALL STUDENTS IN YEARS 7 - 10 AND ALSO FOR THOSE STUDENTS IN YEAR 11 WHO HAVE OPTED TO STUDY GCSE OR BTEC SPORT)
- Academy branded sports polo top
- Black sport shorts or tracksuit bottoms
- Black leggings are acceptable for female students, although they must be appropriate for sport
- Trainers that are appropriate for physical activities
- Plastic football boots for PE lessons on the astro turf
- Academy branded fleece or Academy branded training top (this is compulsory for all Year 7 students who are joining us from September 2020.
Over the summer of 2020 the Academy has invested in a new 4G astro-turf. This will improve the experience that students have at the academy enabling them to access a state of the art sports facility. To maintain the astro-turf's new artificial surface students are unable to wear flat soled shoes, trainers or metal studs; instead they are required to wear moulded or plastic studs as per the picture below: