Enhanced SEN Transition
Here at Oasis Academy Brislington we pride ourselves on providing SEND students with an extensive transition programme. It is our hope that this supported process will help remove barriers to learning and enable students to reach their full potential.
The dedicated SEN Transition Team are:
Mrs Newman (SENCo) Julie.email@example.com
Mrs Waldron (Deputy SENCo) Heidi.Waldron@oasisbrislington.org
SEN students currently benefit from the following range of provision…
· Key-worker allocated to each SEN student – Provides a point of contact for students and parents.
· Teaching staff will have full information about individual student’s SEN needs from their first day of term in September.
· From September selected students will be entered into our Intervention Programme. We offer literacy, numeracy, and social skills. Work will be tailored to suit individual needs with an aim to complement and consolidate skills learned in lessons.
· The SEND team have staff trained in Speech and Language* looking closely at verbal and non-verbal communication, inference, empathy, and problem solving. Group sessions are personalised to meet the needs of individual students.
· We also have staff trained in Lego Therapy – small groups work on turn taking and social communication. We also offer ELSA sessions to help with social and emotional challenges students face.
If you require any further information, please contact us by phone or email. You can also complete the 'All about me' questionnaire on our Year 6 Transition page.