How to Apply
Oasis Academy Brislington is a non-selective Academy open to students of all religious faiths and those of no faith.
If you are a parent/carer of a child in Year 6 and wish to apply for a place in Oasis Academy Brislington for the following September you will need to make an application via the Bristol City Council Schools Admissions site. Please click HERE for further information.
If you are seeking a place in any other year group, or for a Year 7 place post-September, you must contact the Academy directly.
How places will be allocated at Oasis Academy Brislington
Where the number of applications for admission is greater than the published admissions number, applications will be considered against the criteria set out below. After the admission of students with an Education, Health and Care Plan where the Academy is named, the criteria will be applied in the order in which they are set out below:
1. Children in Care (Looked After Children) at the time of application, or Children previously in Care
2. Children whose sibling(s) currently attend the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission.
3. Children for whom a particular school is appropriate on genuine medical grounds.
4. Distance: priority will be given to Children living closest to the school as measured in a direct line from the home* address to the school.
* The home address is where the child spends the majority of their time and is living with the person who has parental responsibility as the main ‘carer’, as defined in section 576 of the Education Act 1996.
Bristol will not accept more than one address as the child’s home address. Where a child regularly lives at more than one address the Local Authority will have to reach a conclusion about which should be counted as the main address when allocating places, taking relevant evidence into account. Normally this will be the address where the child is registered with a medical GP. Where parents or carers are living separately and do not agree on the child’s home address they are urged to reach an agreement. If this does not happen Bristol Local Authority will determine the address used for allocating a school place.
In the event that the number of applications for places exceeds the number of places available after application of the admissions criteria, distance will be used to decide between applications. The tiebreaker of random allocation will be used when there are two or more applicants with the same distance than there are places remaining. The random allocation process is independently verified.
There is an appeals process and all Oasis Academies follow the nationally agreed guidance for admissions appeals.
View our Admissions policy here
In Year Admissions Form
Admission Arrangements for 2022 - 2023
Admission Arrangements for 2023 - 2024
Admission Arrangements for 2024 - 2025
Want to come pay us a visit?
We always welcome visitors at our Academy. If you would like to visit the Academy then please get in touch with Mrs S Brain, PA to the Principal and we will be pleased to arrange a date with you.