Modern Foreign Languages
"Learning another language is not only learning different words for the same things, but learning another way to think about things"
"Language is not just a lesson; it's a life skill of communication"
At Brislington, we believe that languages are an important life skill which helps students to communicate in all areas of their life, but also with different types of people from different countries and cultures. We want students to learn about different cultures and discover the world around them and become global citizens.
Communication: we want students to develop the skills of exchanging information by both speaking and writing
Proficiency: we want students to gain a high degree of knowledge and skills to become competent linguists
Resilience: we don’t shy away from the difficulties of learning a language and want students to develop the capacity to recover quickly from difficulties and cope with highly demanding tasks.
Future Career Pathways:
Should you have any queries or would like further information regarding this subject please contact Mrs E Reppold (Subject Lead) via email: Elizabeth.Reppold@oasisbrislington.org
- The MFL learning Journey
- Programme of Study: French
- Years 7 & 8 French Knowledge Organisers
- Year 9 French Knowledge Organisers
- Year 10 French Knowledge Organisers
- Year 11 French Knowledge Organisers
- Programme of Study: German
- Years 7 & 8 German Knowledge Organisers
- Year 9 German Knowledge Organisers
- Year 10 German Knowledge Organisers
- German: 100 Words you need to know!