Remote Online Learning
Please click here to access our remote learning policy.
Please click here to access the OAB Student Online Learning Support Booklet. This booklet supports students in accessing Microsoft Teams where they can complete assignments, blended learning, and in the event of a year group needing to self-isolate, interact with live remote lessons.
Supporting your child with remote online lessons
- In the first instance, please refer to the OAB Student Online Learning Support Booklet, which has step-by-step instructions on how to access remote live lessons.
- If you are still experiencing issues, the first person your child should contact if they are having problems accessing the lesson is their subject teacher. If, however, you have a general question or issues logging on to access online learning, you can contact the school by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0117 377 2055. Please state clearly what the issue is so the query is passed to the relevant member of staff.
Support with passwords – Who to contact
Logging on to emails or Microsoft Teams
Before you contact the school, check the following:
1) Username follows this format:
- year your child joined, last name, letter of first name
- For example: The username for Jane Doe in Year 7 would be 20DoeJ
3) Password: students should have written this in their planners.
- If your child has not written the password in their planner and they have forgotten what it is, please email email@example.com or call 0117 377 2055
- These details will allow your child to log on to Microsoft Teams, emails and the Academy’s computers.
Seneca Learning: https://senecalearning.com/en-GB/
• This is set up using the email of your child’s choice. This means that your child can request a password reset directly from the website.
Sam Learning: https://www.samlearning.com/
• Contact the subject teacher directly to reset the password.
• If you don’t know who the subject teacher is, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your child’s name and the subject. Your request will be forwarded to the relevant teacher.
• If your child forgets their password they can request their password reset through the website.
• This sends a message to their teacher who will then reset the password.
What if my child can’t access remote live lessons due to device or internet issues?
Years 7, 8 and 9
• If your child’s year group bubble needs to self-isolate and there is an issue with accessing online learning, hard copies of home learning packs will be available for every subject. These paper based packs will be issued to those students unable to access their lessons online.
• You will be able to email or call the teacher directly for support if there are questions or queries, or if you are unsure who the teacher is, you can email email@example.com or call 0117 377 2055.
• In early 2021 the issue of access to devices will no longer be a problem. All students in all year groups at Oasis Academy Brislington will be issued with an iPad, which means that they will be able to access all of the online learning platforms at home.
Years 10 and 11
• Oasis are currently collecting laptops for a national pool in case year group bubbles need to self-isolate. This is so that students in priority year groups (in our case years 10 and 11) have access to equipment if they don’t have access to internet or devices at home.
• Year 10 and 11 students will be able to borrow devices for the self-isolation period.
You will be able to email or call the teacher directly for support if there are questions or queries, or if you are unsure who the teacher is, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0117 377 2055 and your query will be forwarded to the relevant teacher.